Current Light Flashes
The official voice of West Florida Electric Cooperative:
WFEC Announces New Scholarship Opportunity
Commitment to community is one of the basic foundations on which West Florida Electric Cooperative (WFEC) stands. To support the educational goals of students in the communities it serves, WFEC is proud to announce that it will sponsor a $1,000 educational scholarship to one eligible graduating 2023 student at each high school within the cooperative's four-county service area. A scholarship will also be available to homeschooled students who wish to continue their education. These scholarships are for study at post-secondary or vocational/technical institutions. Applications are available from any WFEC office, high school guidance counselors and online: www.westflorida.coop. The deadline to apply is April 18, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
To qualify, a student’s parent or legal guardian must be a member of West Florida Electric Cooperative. Applicants must also be graduating in 2023 from a school located within the cooperative’s four-county service area. Recipients will be selected by a committee of judges. To apply, complete the application and write a 500-1,000 word essay on the topic provided. Incomplete, late or misdirected applications will not be considered.
• Applicants must be graduating in 2023 from a school located within the cooperative’s four-county service area.
• The applicant’s parent or legal guardian must be a member of West Florida Electric Cooperative.
• The applicant must be enrolled or enrolling in an accredited college program, either full-time or part-time.
• The recipient must be a vocational/technical or undergraduate student only.
• The scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the college’s business office on behalf of the recipient in the amount of $1,000.
• The recipient must use the funds within three (3) years.
• The judges will review the applications anonymously, so their decisions are based solely on the strength of the applicant’s essay and application.
• All judges’ decisions are final.
• Previous winners are not eligible to win.
Any questions should be directed to Candace Croft at 850-263-3231, 800-342-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consult the application for the essay topic and all other pertinent information.